Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Introduction


My name is Carie Jackson. I'm a middle school science teacher in Los Angeles, California. I'm working toward a graduate certificate in Instructional Design and Technology with an emphasis on teaching K-12 online. My goal is to eventually teach in an online school so I can stay at home and home school my youngest sons who is struggling with some issues related to his autism.

I'm a a single parent of 2 boys: 13 years old and 10 years old. They keep me busy with football, water polo, basketball, tennis and diving. Not to mention their drama and choir adventures.

I'm looking forward to this class and working with all of you.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carie,
    I too would like to teach from home. I applaud you for your extra effort while being a single parent - I can't imagine how you fit in a Master's program with everything else. I have two and a half children a girl whose 3 and a boy whose 1 and one in the oven - haha that's what we joke about at my house. Anyway- I look forward to getting to you better as we adventure through this course.
    talk to you soon,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carie
    I look forward to following your blog for our class in distance learning.

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carie,

    I am Cherell Latham, one of your classmates in the course DISTANCE LEARNING @ Walden University, and I will be following your blog. I look forward to learning a great deal from you and Good Luck ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie,
    I am Teresa DeArk from Kansas. I too am middle school teacher, I teach special needs children and was interested in your blog when you mentioned teaching online K-12 to be able to stay home with your son. I look forward to following your blog and wish you much luck in your endeavors.
    Teresa D

    ReplyDelete